I mentioned a while back that Milo was going through a phase when he absolutely HATED water. When we went to Florida in March, he walked around and around and around the pool but wanted nothing to do with going IN the pool. He also started absolutely HATING bath time. Tod and I were very perplexed because not only did this come out of the blue, but we are both HUGE water people, so it just made no sense that our little guy wouldn't love water, too.
So after struggling with this for a while, I decided a month or so ago to take Milo swimming at the local Lifetime Fitness. As soon as we stepped in the pool area, he started screaming bloody murder. It was a terrible experience! Once I was able to calm him down, we walked around and around and around the pool, but Milo wouldn't so much as dip a toe in the water. I felt so bad for him and also started getting super nervous about the summer ahead. You can't live in the Land of 10 Thousand Lakes and not like water!
Things have progressively been getting better, so a few weeks ago on a really hot day I went to Wal-Mart and bought one of those little plastic kiddie pools. By the end of the day, Milo was sitting in the pool and splashing all over the place! Since then, he has enjoyed bath time much more and now every morning he goes to the back door and asks to go "ow-sigh" (outside) to the "wa-wa" (water).
One of Milo's favorite things to do in the "wa-wa" is to splash my sister Meghan's dog, Baron. Meghan taught Milo that Baron will try to bite droplets of water that are splashed at his face, and Milo just thinks this is hilarious! Here's a short video of the new playmates (taken with my phone so not great quality):
No comments:
Post a Comment